30.5.11

A tool

Hey all!
I've been working on cleaning up files and have a long list of project work to post. I will get to that very soon, I promise. Meanwhile, I've completed something I've been wanting to make for myself for a very long time. Most of us have at one time owned one of those wooden manikin to help use draw. Unfortunately, very soon you're ready to try a more dynamic pose, but the manikin is not... They have a very limited range of motion, especially without rubber bands or something extra to help them. I tried being my own model, and I think it's a pain in the butt. Unless you have someone to help you (for a while) you can't tell if you're even completely in the picture. Anyway, with concept classes, I often struggled with drawing a character in a certain pose from a certain angle, which made me want to do this even more.

Long story short, I had modeled a simple manikin a few years ago, recently rigged it and now it's ready for use. I really want to put this on the internet for anyone to use (especially peers), but only if it seems useful to anyone else. Let me know if you would like a copy of the scene.
In the meanwhile, here are some examples:

OBJECTION!!!

You don't even know how many times I've tried to draw this pose so it doesn't look flat. I needed help.

Over the top running with pushed perspective. This would help in an animatic right? yes it would.
As always, I welcome ideas for improvements. I'm not sure how much I can fix without having to re-rig, but I'm already thinking of putting something on the front of the face and moving the hip joints higher...

Other things I've been doing have been watching MLP:Friendship is magic, modeling, messing around with mudbox, making to do lists, trying to draw, thinking of story ideas, etc. Ok, now that I've bored you to tears I am satisfied. Go and be something.

0 comments: