25.9.08

The Overlooked

The mac has tons of cool native software. I think that most of it is seriously overlooked, because it doesn't really get a lot of publicity. I'm sure if you've been working with macs for a long time, or if you're a really 1337 person you probably know about most of these. I'm a n00b, so I didn't; until I looked them up.
Today I'm just going to make a list of what interesting native applications are in my applications folder. I'll look into each one in moderate depth in my future blogs. I'm running a macbook pro with tiger btw. I didn't add every application and utility, just the ones that seemed interesting and useful after a brief opening and reading the help file.

Address Book
Aperture

Automator
Apple script
Calculator

Chess

Comic life

Dashboard

Dictionary

Font book

GarageBand

iCal

iChat

iDVD

Image capture

iMovie

iPhoto

Mail

OmniOutliner

Photo Booth

Sherlock

Stickies


Those are the applications. At the bottom of the folder there's another folder named utilities. Tons of other useful things can be found there:


Activity monitorDigital color meter
Disk utility

Grapher

Keychain

System profiler

Voice over

Terminal


Next time I'll give a little intro to the first one. Adress Book.
'till then.

PS: I loooove how blogger's preview shows you one thing (and behaves very strangely) but when you actually publish it looks like it did in editing mode. awesome...

0 comments: