12.10.08

Chess and calculations

Since the last application I looked at was pretty hardcore, this time I'm looking at two fairly useless applications.

I'm not sure why there are two calculators available to you. I usually use the one in dashboard, but I've heard dashboard uses unnecessary memory, so if you're truly concerned, I suppose the calculator in your applications folder might be an alternative.

Calculator really should be self explanatory. Were you unable to use it, you would also probably have been unable to navigate to this blog.

Next is chess. Yeah, you can play chess on the mac. yay. I was never a big chess fan, especially since I'm so terrible. Maybe a game won't be too bad.




You can change the color of the board and pieces. I made mine fuzzy... More importantly, you can change the difficulty of the computer player... not very helpful apparently. I still took a beating.

0 comments: